At our weekly Tuesday morning meeting, Brad Baker [#50] won the pot on the very first drawing -- and it was actually his number, not a number on one of the several absent members' badges which he was wearing.
Attendance was 19 members and one guest: Ron Erwin's grandson Brant Erwin.
New member: new Lion Louie Ulmer was inducted to Lions and the club by PDG Pat Snodgrass. Louie was sponsored by his son, Lion Bryan Ulmer.
1. Secretary Charles Hartwig read the draft Minutes of the March 14th Board meeting.
2. Treasurer Ron Erwin read and went over the monthly Financial Report
3. PDG Pat Snodgrass confirmed that the recent LOAF Board meeting had decided [Pat's a member of the Board] that they had awarded us $500 to help with the purchase of the SPOT vision screening device. 1/2 is on the way, and the other $250 will be sent after they get a copy of the order. Brad Baker reported that we are still waiting word from the Wal-Mart Foundation about our similar request to them.
4. Vern Drake reported that actual car/truck entries to our April 5-7 Car Show are still down considerably from the "usual" numbers, compared to this time in previous years. Thus everyone needs to ask around to find those car, truck, motorcycle, etc. owners who might be interested in winning a great prize and get them registered ASAP for our event--the 24th annual Jonesboro Car Show. Have them go to http://www.uhlions.com/2013AutoShow/2013AutoShow.pdf -- or our club website of www.uhlions.com.
5. Invoice letters for flag contracts were still available to pick up and personally deliver. Pat Snodgrass has some extra ones.
Next week's program [the last one in March]:
March 26: Chris Barber, President and CEO of St. Bernards Healthcare.
"St. Bernards Today - and Tomorrow."
Reminder: New member application forms are online at
http://www.lionsclubs.org/EN/common/pdfs/me6b.pdf , and can be filled in at
that site and then printed off.